In 2006 Shepperton Studios celebrates its 75th Anniversary
For the first time, an official and authorised book will be published to celebrate the event and to provide a collectable, comprehensive and fully illustrated account of the history and influence of this world famous studio.
Some of the most successful films ever produced have been made at Shepperton including such classics as The Third Man, The African Queen, Oliver!, The Omen, Alien, Gladiator and 2001: A Space Odyssey, as well as recent blockbusters like Bridget Jones’s Diary, Bend It Like Beckham and Troy.
With exclusive contributions from directors, actors and producers and including over 300 stunning images, this fully authorised book represents the first comprehensive illustrated account of Shepperton Studios.
- Foreword by Sir John Mills and introduced by Sir Ridley Scott
- 384 pages / 350 images (many previously unpublished)
- Free DVD of 12 classic film trailers
- Complete filmography 1932 – 2004
- Exclusive interviews – including Lord Attenborough, Sir Ridley Scott, Tony Scott,
Freddie Francis, Bryan Forbes and Gurinder Chadha.
- Format 240 x 300mm landscape
About the Author:
Based at Pinewood Studios, Morris Bright, author and producer, is a broadcaster and has written several books on film and television.
The Collector’s Edition, numbered and limited to 750 copies
is available priced at £125
Presentation box with unique cushion cover with the following extras:
- Facsimile copy of an original Flicker Book (the success of which helped Norman Loudon create Shepperton Studios)
- Facsimile copy of the film campaign brochure for The Wicker Man
- Exclusive DVD featuring trailers from 12 major Shepperton Films